Jordin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jordan:
Derived from the Hebrew yarden (to flow down, descend). The name is that of the chief river of Palestine, in which Jesus was baptized. Jordan originated as a given name in the Middle Ages, being bestowed upon those baptized in holy water said to be taken from the Jordan River.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jordin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jordin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jordin
- Comments and insights on the name Jordin
A boy's name of Hebrew origin.
- Personal experiences with the name Jordin
- Nicknames for Jordin
- Meanings and history of the name Jordin
- Famous real-life people named Jordin
- Jordin in song, story & screen