Jude: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Jude
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jude? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jude
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales (2013)
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Northern Ireland
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland, 2011
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jude
- Comments and insights on the name Jude: | Edit
My ten month old's name is Jude, for The Beatles. I love music, and I wanted his name to reflect that, so his name Jude Morrison, for The Beatles and The Doors.
- Personal experiences with the name Jude: | Edit
Very nice name for a boy
My 5-year-old daughter is named Jude. We've only met one or two other female Judes. It is unique, spunky and subdued all at once. The perfect name for her.
my older (30's) brother is named Jude and he hates the surge in popularity because he has always loved being the only Jude...most people do not even know his last name. For the record he was named after the Saint, not The Beatles song.
My 3-year-old son (born in 2009) is named Jude and we have gotten overall really positive feedback on his name. I am not a Beatles fan necessarily, but I don't mind the connection to the song. We liked that it was a Biblical name but not very common. His middle name is Patrick, so 2 saints names (which was a coincidence, Patrick is a family name and just sounded good with Jude). I am very happy with the choice we made for his name!
- Nicknames for Jude: | Edit
Jay, Jake, Jack
Judy (affectionately as a mom), JuJu, Jay, Jules, Jools,
Jude the Dude, Dude, Duder
Jake, Jack, Jock
Hey folks -- this name is so great, it doesn't need a nickname!
- Meanings and history of the name Jude: | Edit
Shortened version of Hebrew name Judah which means "praise." Jude was one of the 12 apostles in the Bible (also called Judas, but not the Judas Iscariot who betrayed Christ); presumed to have written the book of the Bible called Jude.
Read more on Jude, Judah and Judas: http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2010/1/hey-judas
- Famous real-life people named Jude: | Edit
Jude Law, Actor
St. Jude, miraculous saint of hopeless causes. One of the twelve apostles in the New Testament; he is also known as Thaddeus, or Jude Thaddeus.
Jude Drouin, NHL hockey player
- Jude in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Hey Jude" is a Beatles song recorded in 1968.
Jude Feeny is a character in the 2007 movie "Across the Universe."
Jude Fawley, character in Thomas Hardy's novel "Jude the Obscure."
Jude is the name of one of the Episles of the New Testament
Jude is the son of Brooke Penelope Davis Baker and Julian Andrew Baker in "One Tree Hill"
Jude Jacob one of the children in "The Fosters"