Kale: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Kale
Origin of the name Cale:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Gaelic caol (thin, slender). Var: Cayl, Kail, Kale.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kale? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kale
- Comments and insights on the name Kale: | Edit
This is the name of a leafy green vegetable. I guess it would go great with a sister named Lettuce...
- Personal experiences with the name Kale: | Edit
I love this name ever since I saw the movie Disturbia! I am pregnant and if I have a boy, I am naming him Kale! I think it is very strong but also extremely rare, which is a great combination in my opinion.
- Nicknames for Kale: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Kale: | Edit
Hawaiian for "strong and manly" (www.thinkbabynames.com). In Hawaiian, however, the pronunciation is kah-LEI.
A nutritious leafy green vegetable which is a form of cabbage.
- Famous real-life people named Kale: | Edit
Kale Stephens: professional snowboarder
- Kale in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kale Brecht: Disturbia, played by Shia LaBeouf