Kaspar Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Casper:
Dutch form of Gaspar, which, along with Balthasar and Melchior, was assigned to the Three Wise Men who brought gifts to the Christ Child. The names are not found in the Bible and are thought to have been assigned in the 11th century. Of uncertain etymology, Caspar might be derived from the Persian genashber (treasure master), which is in keeping with his role of the bringer of precious gifts.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kaspar? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kaspar
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kaspar
- Comments and insights on the name Kaspar
Scandinavian form of Jasper
- Personal experiences with the name Kaspar
- Nicknames for Kaspar
- Meanings and history of the name Kaspar
German form of Caspar and Jasper
- Famous real-life people named Kaspar
- Kaspar in song, story & screen