Kenelm Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kenelm? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kenelm
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kenelm
- Comments and insights on the name Kenelm: | Edit
Kenelm was originally a name found mostly in Worcestershire, England, where the shrine of St. Kenelm was located.
- Personal experiences with the name Kenelm: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Kenelm: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Kenelm: | Edit
From Old English, meaning "brave (or bold) helmet, protection".
- Famous real-life people named Kenelm: | Edit
St. Kenelm, 9th century martyred boy king, who was murdered by his sister Quendryda after the death of his father, King Coenwulf of Mercia. St. Kenelm is alluded to in Chaucer's The Nun's Priest's Tale.
Sir Kenelm Digby (11 July 1603 – 11 June 1665), English courtier, author, naval commander, and diplomat. He invented the modern wine bottle.
Kenelm Winslow (1599-1672), early settler of New England.
Kenelm Foster (1910-1986), scholar, theologian, and author.
- Kenelm in song, story & screen: | Edit
In the TV series "Vikings", Kenelm is the Prince of Mercia and brother of Queen Kwenthrith.