Kermit Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kermit:
Anglicized form of the Irish Gaelic Diarmaid (without injunction, a freeman). The name is composed of the elements di (without) airmit (injunction).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kermit? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kermit
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kermit
- Comments and insights on the name Kermit: | Edit
Kermit the hermit.
- Personal experiences with the name Kermit: | Edit
I very nearly named my son Kermit, just before Sesame Street became popular. I still think it's a great masculine name.
I'm glad you didn't name your son Kermit. Think about how he's be teased at school!
- Nicknames for Kermit: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Kermit: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Kermit: | Edit
President Theodore Roosevelt had a son Kermit.
- Kermit in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kermit the Frog, Ms Piggy's beloved, on Sesame Street