Kevin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kevin:
Anglicized form of the Irish Caoimhín, Caomghin (handsome, comely birth), which is derived from caomh (comely, beloved, kind).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kevin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kevin
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden 2014
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland 2014
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland (Italian)
- Hungarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Hungary 2014
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden, 2010
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland (Italian), 2010
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden for 2012
- Portuguese Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Portugal 2012
- Estonian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Estonia 2014
- Hungarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Hungary 2010
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden
- Hungarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Hungary
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kevin
- Comments and insights on the name Kevin: | Edit
Kevyn is nice for a girl.
Kevyn is a retarded name for a girl.
I'm a girl and my dad's name is Kevin, so my parents named me Keviny (pronounced like Stephanie). I didn't like it when I was a kid, but now I like it real well because it's unusual and there aren't 4 or 5 girls with my name in my classes - I'm the only one.
My guy's name is Kevin. We work together, and the supervisor, his name is Kevin. The new guy we just hired, his name is Kevin too. We have 3 Kevin's now. Two too many if you ask me. Oh, and the supervisor's son-in-law, his name is also Kevin. We swim in Kevin's around here, but I have the best one by far.
- Personal experiences with the name Kevin: | Edit
Kevin's one of my best friends. Best Saxophone player EVER.
We know a man who spells it Kevin but pronounces it KEE-vin.
one of my other friends spells it like 'Kevin' but it's pronounced 'Kevin'.
In Germany, a "Kevin" is a lower-class hoodlum, because many of these have names their parents got from American television shows.
I'm married to a Kevin. He is smart, handsome, and a furry.
My brother's name is Kevin, he was born in 2002 so there aren't many Kevin's at all. I think Kevin is a simple name and timeless name. My brother is an active, funny and smart kid and I think the name suits him well. I recommend this name greatly, you can't go wrong with Kevin!
~My best friends name is Kevin and he is a cool person who enjoys unzippering his pants and talking about tacos, for realz though he's an amazing friend who is always there when you need him and he's hilarious.
My little brother's name is Kevin. There's about four other Kevins in his grade and seven in mine, not to mention the other grades. My name is Megan, and there's only one other person in the whole school with my name.
- Nicknames for Kevin: | Edit
Kev, K, Kip, Kevs, Kevers, Kevy, Kevo, Kevi Wevi, Kevtron,Vinny,Kurvy,Evan,Vin
- Meanings and history of the name Kevin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Kevin: | Edit
KEVIN PRICE, the beautiful (and gay for Connor McKinley) Mormon missionary from The Book of Mormon
Kevin Atherton and Kevin Varnes AMA Grand National Championship Dirt track racers
Kevin Bacon, American actor
Kevin 'Dontae' Neary: Actor/Rapper/Comedian/YouTuber/Gamer(A.K.A iSekC or XpertTheif or XT)
Kevin Costner, American actor
Kevin Durant, American basketball player
Kevin Federline, dancer and Britney Spear's ex-husband
Kevin Garnett, American basketball player
Kevin Henkes, children's author
Kevin McKidd, Scottish actor
Kevin Jonas, American musician
Kevin Kline, American actor
Kevin McHale, American actor and singer
Kevin LaBanc, professional ice hockey player (San Jose Sharks)
Kevin Lieber - YouTuber (Vsauce2)
Kevin Nealon, American actor
Kevin Olusola, two-time Grammy award-winning artist alongside other band-members of acapella group, Pentatonix.
Kevin Scott Richardson, member of the Backstreet Boys
Kevin Rudd, Australian Prime Minister
Kevin Smith, American director, producer, and screenwriter
Kevin Spacey, American actor
Kevin Wu - YouTuber (KevJumba)
Kevin Youkilis, American baseball player
- Kevin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kevin Mccallister was the child that was accidentally left behind in the "Home Alone" movies.
Kevin- a character from the show "Ed,Edd,and Eddy"
Kevin Levin- a character from the show "Ben 10"
Kevin Khatchadourian, killer teen and title character from book/movie "We Need to Talk About Kevin"
Kevin Ryan- Homicide detective on ABC's "Castle"
Kevin Tran- a prophet from the show "Supernatural
Kevin the Sea Cucumber- A minor character from the kids T.V show "SpongeBob SquarePants"
Kevin Collins, a character in "General Hospital"
Kevin Ford, Wither from the X-Men comics