Kevin: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Kevin
Origin of the name Kevin:
Anglicized form of the Irish Caoimhín, Caomghin (handsome, comely birth), which is derived from caomh (comely, beloved, kind).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kevin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kevin
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile
- Hungarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Hungary
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden, 2010
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland (Italian), 2010
- Portuguese Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Portugal
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kevin
- Comments and insights on the name Kevin: | Edit
Kevyn is nice for a girl.
I'm a girl and my dad's name is Kevin, so my parents named me Keviny (pronounced like Stephanie). I didn't like it when I was a kid, but now I like it real well because it's unusual and there aren't 4 or 5 girls with my name in my classes - I'm the only one.
- Personal experiences with the name Kevin: | Edit
Kevin's one of my best friends. Best Saxaphone player EVER.
We know a man who spells it Kevin but pronounces it KEE-vin.
In Germany, a "Kevin" is a lower-class hoodlum, because many of these have names their parents got from American television shows.
I'm married to a Kevin. He is smart, handsome, and funny.
My brother's name is Kevin, he was born in 2002 so there arent many Kevin's at all. I think Kevin is a simple name and timeless name. My brother is a active, funny and smart kid and i think the name suites him well. I recommend this name greatly, you cant go wrong with Kevin!
- Nicknames for Kevin: | Edit
Kev, K, Kip, Kevs, Kevers, Kevy, Kevo, Kevi Wevi, Kevtron, Vinny
- Meanings and history of the name Kevin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Kevin: | Edit
Kevin Atherton and Kevin Varnes AMA Grand National Championship Dirt track racers
Kevin Bacon, American actor
Kevin Costner, American actor
Kevin Durant, American basketball player
Kevin Federline, dancer and Britney Spear's ex-husband
Kevin Garnett, American basketball player
Kevin Henkes, children's author
Kevin McKidd, Scottish actor
Kevin Jonas, American musician
Kevin McHale, American actor and singer
Kevin Lieber - YouTuber (Vsauce2)
Kevin Wu - YouTuber (KevJumba)
Kevin Dantae - Actor/Rapper/Gamer (YouTuber known as isekc/Xpertthief)
Kevin Nealon, American actor
Kevin Rudd, Australian Prime Minister
Kevin Smith, American director, producer, and screenwriter
Kevin Spacey, American actor
Kevin Youkilis, American baseball player
- Kevin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kevin was the child that was accidentally left behind in the "Home Alone" movies.
Kevin- a character from the show "Ed,Edd,and Eddy"
Kevin Levin- a character from the show "Ben 10"
Kevin Ryan- Homicide detective on ABC's "Castle"
Kevin Tran- a prophet from the show "Supernatural
Kevin the Sea Cucumber- A minor character from the kids T.V show "SpongeBob SquarePants"