Kevin: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Kevin
Origin of the name Kevin:
Anglicized form of the Irish Caoimhín, Caomghin (handsome, comely birth), which is derived from caomh (comely, beloved, kind).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kevin? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kevin
- Comments and insights on the name Kevin: | Edit
Kevyn is nice for a girl.
- Personal experiences with the name Kevin: | Edit
Kevin's one of my best friends. Best Saxaphone player EVER.
We know a man who spells it Kevin but pronounces it KEE-vin.
In Germany, a "Kevin" is a lower-class hoodlum, because many of these have names their parents got from American television shows.
I'm married to a Kevin. He is smart, handsome, and funny.
My brother's name is Kevin, he was born in 2002 so there arent many Kevin's at all. I think Kevin is a simple name and timeless name. My brother is a active, funny and smart kid and i think the name suites him well. I recommend this name greatly, you cant go wrong with Kevin!
- Nicknames for Kevin: | Edit
Kev, K, Kip, Kevs, Kevers, Kevy, Kevo, Kevi Wevi, Kevtron, Vinny
- Meanings and history of the name Kevin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Kevin: | Edit
Kevin Bacon, American actor
Kevin Costner, American actor
Kevin Durant, American basketball player
Kevin Federline, dancer and Britney Spear's ex-husband
Kevin Garnett, American basketball player
Kevin Henkes, children's author
Kevin McKidd, Scottish actor
Kevin Jonas, American musician
Kevin McHale, American actor and singer
Kevin Lieber - YouTuber (Vsauce2)
Kevin Wu - YouTuber (KevJumba)
Kevin Dantae - Actor/Rapper/Gamer (YouTuber known as isekc/Xpertthief)
Kevin Nealon, American actor
Kevin Rudd, Australian Prime Minister
Kevin Smith, American director, producer, and screenwriter
Kevin Spacey, American actor
Kevin Youkilis, American baseball player
- Kevin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Kevin was the child that was accidentally left behind in the "Home Alone" movies.
Kevin- a character from the show "Ed,Edd,and Eddy"
Kevin Levin- a character from the show "Ben 10"
Kevin Ryan- Homicide detective on ABC's "Castle"
Kevin Tran- a prophet from the show "Supernatural
Kevin the Sea Cucumber- A minor character from the kids T.V show "SpongeBob SquarePants"
Name Lists Featuring Kevin
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile
- Hungarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Hungary
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden, 2010
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland (Italian), 2010
- Portuguese Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Portugal