Korin: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Korin
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Korin? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Korin
- Comments and insights on the name Korin: | Edit
Male version of the name "Corinne" (and variants). In the female name, emphasis is put on the "inne" so as to be pronounced "Core-Ynne". For the male name, the emphasis is put on the "Kor" so as to be pronounced "Koor-in". It makes a much stronger sound as compared to a more feminine sound as in Corinne.
Actually it is a uni-sexual name.
- Personal experiences with the name Korin: | Edit
My son's name...a cross between Corbyn and Corinne.
My name is Korin, I am a female. I was named after my great-grandmother who was Corrine, my grandmother and cousin have my name version as their middle names.
- Nicknames for Korin: | Edit
Female: Kory, Kora, (Corn, sadly many of my peers and even my teacher call me Corn to be funny)
- Meanings and history of the name Korin: | Edit
"Spear" for its Latin origins (variant of Corin)
"Maiden" for its Greek origin (variant of Corrine which is a variant of Kore which is another name for the Greek Goddess Persephone of spring)
- Famous real-life people named Korin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Korin in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Female character in the movie 'Memoirs of a Geisha'.
- Dragonball Z...the cat thing