Kye: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Kye
Origin of the name Kyle:
Transferred use of the surname originating from the region of the same name in southwestern Scotland. Kyle, a topographical term referring to a narrow, straight, channel, is derived from the Gaelic caol (narrow, a sound, a strait).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kye? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kye
- Comments and insights on the name Kye: | Edit
I have a friend who's name is Kye but she is a girl. Not a guy like this suggets.
My sons name is Kye. The name could be used for either gender.
- Personal experiences with the name Kye: | Edit
Our son's name is Kye and everyone has commented that they liked it.
- Nicknames for Kye: | Edit
We call our son Kye-Roo :)
- Meanings and history of the name Kye: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Kye: | Edit
i dont think there is
- Kye in song, story & screen: | Edit
i dont think there is one