Kyle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kyle:
Transferred use of the surname originating from the region of the same name in southwestern Scotland. Kyle, a topographical term referring to a narrow, straight, channel, is derived from the Gaelic caol (narrow, a sound, a strait).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyle? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kyle
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Northern Ireland
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland, 2011
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland for 2012
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Northern Ireland for 2012
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyle
- Comments and insights on the name Kyle: | Edit
hi i have left severall comments and please come follow me on instagram!!!!!!
- Personal experiences with the name Kyle: | Edit
In class we have 2 Kyles(both are guys).I see them as two very differnt people.This makes me think the name can fit anyone with little to no stereotyping.
I agree that Kyle can fit anyone with little stereotyping. Kyle was the name of the guy that gave me my first kiss and also the name of a guy that was a bully in middle school.
I've known two Kyle's; one I disliked when I was a kid (who was born in the early '90s), and one I currently like very much (who was born in the early '80s). The Kyle I currently know is very charming, cool, confident and sexy, which is how I now think of the name. I think how people percieve a name is just based on kinds of people they've known with it.
- Nicknames for Kyle: | Edit
Ky, Ky-Ky, K-Man, Circle-K, Kylie, Mr. Dr. Prof. Kyle, K-boom, Kj
- Meanings and history of the name Kyle: | Edit
Kyle is sometimes translated from the Gaelic as "handsome."
Yiddish, "crowned with laurels" Related to the name "Kayla."
- Famous real-life people named Kyle: | Edit
knowge ~ kyle morgan
- Kyle in song, story & screen: | Edit
knowege ~ kyle morgan