Laszlo Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Laszlo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Laszlo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Laszlo
- Comments and insights on the name Laszlo: | Edit
Properly spelled László, and pronounced with a voiceless 's' sound, not a voiced 'z': roughly LOUSE-low. (English doesn't use the vowel represented by 'á' except as part of diphthongs, so that's a very rough approximation.)
- Personal experiences with the name Laszlo: | Edit
I have a best friend named Laszlo and he is joyful, adorable, awkward, cute, hilarious, shy, outgoing, care-free, social, caring, reliable, and trustworthy! Hope this helps. (:
- Nicknames for Laszlo: | Edit
Laci, Lacko, Laz, Lacika
- Meanings and history of the name Laszlo: | Edit
Hungarian version of the slavic name Ladislaus, meaning "power" and "glory"
- Famous real-life people named Laszlo: | Edit
St. Laszlo - Hungarian knight-king
Laszlo Papp - box fighter
- Laszlo in song, story & screen: | Edit
Victor Laszlo - character in movie Casablanca
Count Laszlo de Almásy - Played by Ralph Fiennes in the film "The English Patient"
Laszlo - a character in two 2007 episodes of the television show "Doctor Who"