Linnaeus: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Linnaeus
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Linnaeus? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Linnaeus
- Comments and insights on the name Linnaeus: | Edit
Linnaeus is the latin name of the Swedish 18th century botanist Carl Von Linne, who invented our system of taxonomy for plants & animals.
- Personal experiences with the name Linnaeus: | Edit
I named my son Linnaeus & haven't ever heard of another person with this as a first name. Of course, he's only had the name for seven months now...
- Nicknames for Linnaeus: | Edit
Linni, Naeus, Ace
- Meanings and history of the name Linnaeus: | Edit
After the latinized version of Karl Linné's name: Carolus Linnaeus (1707-1778), the Swedish scientist who developed the system of taxonomy we still use to identify & name animal & plant species.
- Famous real-life people named Linnaeus: | Edit
Carl Linnaeus (Carl Von Linne)
- Linnaeus in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!