Llewellyn Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Llewellyn? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Llewellyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Llewellyn
- Comments and insights on the name Llewellyn: | Edit
It's more of a nickname. I heard it more with men than females. However, it can be used for both
- Personal experiences with the name Llewellyn: | Edit
My name is Evan Llewellyn. I don't mind my middle name, since no one really knows it except family. I like the meaning though. My mother picked my name so it means the Little Warrior's leader. I did use the middle name for my son though so he is now Jasper Llewellyn (10-30-17)
- Nicknames for Llewellyn: | Edit
Llew, Lewy, Welly, Lulu
- Meanings and history of the name Llewellyn: | Edit
Llewellyn is a Welsh name that means Leader, or Lion-like
- Famous real-life people named Llewellyn: | Edit
Llewellyn George: American publisher of New Age books.
- Llewellyn in song, story & screen: | Edit
Llewellyn Moss, a hunter in Cormac McCarthy's Texas border country novel, No Country for Old Men.
Samuel Llewellyn Cornick, a fiction character in Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs. He is a Doctor and a werewolf.