Lloyd Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lloyd:
A borrowing from the Welsh, Lloyd is derived from llwyd (gray). The name arose as a nickname for someone with gray hair.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lloyd? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lloyd
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lloyd
- Comments and insights on the name Lloyd: | Edit
Contains same letters as Dolly.
Why does it have 2 L's?
Lloyd and Floyd, awesome names for twin boys
- Personal experiences with the name Lloyd: | Edit
Often mixed up with: Lewi, Floyd
I know one person called Lloyd. He's called Lloydy Gaga for a laugh.
- Nicknames for Lloyd: | Edit
Lid, Lod, Loddy, Loy, Loydie
- Meanings and history of the name Lloyd: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Lloyd: | Edit
Lloyd Alexander, American author of juvenile fantasy novels (The Black Cauldron, The High King)
- Lloyd in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lloyd Dobler, John Cusack's character in "Say Anything ..."
Lloyd Henreid, Randall Flagg's right hand man played by Miguel Ferrar in the miniseries, Stephen King's The Stand.