Logan: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Logan | Boys
Origin of the name Logan:
Transferred use of the Irish surname which is from the Gaelic lagán (a little hollow), a diminutive form of lag (a hollow): hence, "dweller at a little hollow."
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Logan? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Logan
- Comments and insights on the name Logan: | Edit
Name of a strong-spirited human
- Personal experiences with the name Logan: | Edit
Brother of Wyatt. Close friend of Kaine (male Kayleen). Friend and suitor of Mariah.
Now-a-days we have to clarify male or female.
- Nicknames for Logan: | Edit
Loganberry, Logey-Bear, Lo, Lo-Man, Logey-Gator from the Swamp, Logey, Gunny, Log-stog, Logey-stogey, Logster, Logie, Logs, Lowg, Lohg
- Meanings and history of the name Logan: | Edit
Of Gaelic origin, meaning "Small Hollow"
- Famous real-life people named Logan: | Edit
Logan Phineas Miller Murphy, son of American film and TV screenwriter, director, and producer Ryan Murphy and husband David Miller
Logan Henderson, actor/singer
Logan Lerman (b. 1992), actor
Logan the Orator (c. 1723?–1780), a Native American orator and war leader born in the Iroquois Confederacy; known for "Logan's Lament"
Logan Pearsall Smith (1865–1946), an American-born essayist and critic
Logan Edwin Bleckley (1827–1907), an American lawyer and jurist; appointed as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Georgia in 1887 and presided until his resignation in 1894
General Edward Lawrence Logan, Spanish-American war hero from South Boston, Massachusetts, namesake of Logan International Airport
Sir William Logan, founder of the Geological Survey of Canada; expert geologist who described the features in the Laurentians and Appalachian mountains; Canada's tallest mountain named in his honor
- Logan in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Logan's Run," 1977 sci-fi film
Logan, Wolverine's name in "X-Men"
Logan Reese, "Zoey 101"
Logan Mitchell, "Big Time Rush"
Logan Bruno, boyfriend of Mary Anne in the "Baby-sitter's Club" series
Logan Jonsen, werewolf in Kelley Armstrong's "Women of the Otherworld" series
Logan Echolls, breakout character on "Veronica Mars"
Logan Huntsberger, character in "Gilmore Girls"
Name Lists Featuring Logan
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales)
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec)
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (British Columbia)
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Alberta)
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Saskatchewan)
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
Global Popularity of the Name Logan
- #5 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #5 in Canada (Saskatchewan)
- #6 in Canada (Alberta)
- #8 in Scotland
- #18 in Canada (Ontario)
- #19 in United States
- #47 in Australia (New South Wales)
- #47 in Australia (Victoria)
- #54 in England
- #74 in Canada (Quebec)