Lucien Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lucien? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lucien
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lucien
- Comments and insights on the name Lucien: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Lucien: | Edit
The feminine form of this name, Lucytia.
- Nicknames for Lucien: | Edit
Lou-Lou, Luey, Luciano, Luci, Luce
- Meanings and history of the name Lucien: | Edit
Lucien is a male given name of French origin, meaning light. It is the French form of Luciano or Latin Lucianus, patronymic of Lucius.
- Famous real-life people named Lucien: | Edit
Lucien Bonaparte, 1st Prince of Canino and Musignano (1775–1840), younger brother of Joseph and Napoleon Bonaparte
Lucian Freud (born 1922), British painter
- Lucien in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lucien, character in Amélie (Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain) 2001
Lucien, character in Neil Gaiman's The Sandman series. Lucien Laurin, trainer of America's greatest racehorse. Secretariat the movie, features Lucien.