Lyle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lyle:
Transferred use of the English surname which evolved from the French De L'Isle (dweller on the isle).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lyle? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lyle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lyle
- Comments and insights on the name Lyle: | Edit
There was a girl at school named Lyle. I thought that was sorta weird. But girls get named Kyle, too . . .
My grandmother's name was Lila, which I think is very pretty. People sometimes called her Lyle for short. Lila is a lovely name, but Lyle is a little too masculine, just my opinion.
- Personal experiences with the name Lyle: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Lyle: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Lyle: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Lyle: | Edit
Lyle Lettau O'Donohoe, Canadian actor
- Lyle in song, story & screen: | Edit
Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile
Lyle Bennet, brother of main character on "Heroes"