Marce Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Morris:
Variant of Maurice, a borrowing from the French which is derived from the Late Latin Mauritius (Moorish), a derivative of Maurus (a Moor). The Moors were a Muslim people of mixed Arab and Berber descent; thus the name came to mean "dark" or "swarthy" in reference to their coloring. Maurice was introduced to Britain by the Normans and underwent several variant spellings before returning to the original form.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Marce
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marce
- Comments and insights on the name Marce: | Edit
A Southern Family Name. Used as either a first or second name depending on what name the father had. It is pronounced just like it is spelled, especially if you speak southern. MAR(long r) ce (ss)(like cu-ss) Mar-s
- Personal experiences with the name Marce: | Edit
Family back 4 generations
- Nicknames for Marce: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Marce: | Edit
I really don't know
- Famous real-life people named Marce: | Edit
- Marce in song, story & screen: | Edit