Marcio Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marcus:
A Latin name of uncertain derivation. Most believe it has its root in Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. Others, however, think it might be from mas (manly) or from the Greek malakoz (soft, tender).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marcio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marcio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marcio
- Comments and insights on the name Marcio
- Personal experiences with the name Marcio
- Nicknames for Marcio
- Meanings and history of the name Marcio
Spanish and Portuguese form of Marcius, a Roman name which is derived from Marcus.
Pronounced: MAHR-see-oh (Port.)
- Famous real-life people named Marcio
- Marcio in song, story & screen