Marco: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Marco | Boys
Origin of the name Marco:
Derived from the Latin Marcus, a name of uncertain derivation. Most believe it has its root in Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. Others, however, think it might be from mas (manly) or from the Greek malakoz (soft, tender).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marco? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marco
- Comments and insights on the name Marco: | Edit
Marco Antonio is a common double name.
- Personal experiences with the name Marco: | Edit
- Nicknames for Marco: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Marco: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Marco: | Edit
Marco Antonio Solis, Mexican singer and songwriter.
Marco Antonio Muñiz, Mexican singer.
Marco Antonio, Cleopatra's husband, as known as Anthony.
- Marco in song, story & screen: | Edit
Marco Del Rossi: TV show "Degrassi: The Next Generation"
Global Popularity of the Name Marco
- #10 in Italy
- #37 in Austria
- #70 in Spain
- #95 in Germany
- #223 in United States
- #225 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #248 in Canada (Quebec)
- #257 in Scotland
- #293 in Norway