Marlin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marlin:
Transferred use of the English surname meaning "dweller at the famous land." The name is composed from the Old English elements mere (fame, famous) and land (land). Var: Marland, Marlon, Marlond, Marlondo.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marlin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marlin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marlin
- Comments and insights on the name Marlin: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Marlin: | Edit
a nice fish
- Nicknames for Marlin: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Marlin: | Edit
a friend of dory
- Famous real-life people named Marlin: | Edit
marlin the clown fish
- Marlin in song, story & screen: | Edit
should have a pet fish