Mavriki Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maurice:
Derived from the Latin Mauritius (Moorish), a derivative of Maurus (a Moor). The Moors were a Muslim people of mixed Arab and Berber descent; thus the name came to mean "dark" or "swarthy" in reference to their coloring.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mavriki? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mavriki
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mavriki
- Comments and insights on the name Mavriki
- Personal experiences with the name Mavriki
- Nicknames for Mavriki
- Meanings and history of the name Mavriki
Russian form of Maurice
- Famous real-life people named Mavriki
- Mavriki in song, story & screen