Mike Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Michael:
Derived from the Hebrew mīkhā’ē‘l (Who is like God?). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the seven archangels. He is the one closest to God and is responsible for carrying out God's judgments. Var: Michaell, Michail.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mike? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mike
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mike
- Comments and insights on the name Mike: | Edit
Mike is M in the NATO phonetic alphabet
- Personal experiences with the name Mike: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Mike: | Edit
Mikey, Mick, Mitch
- Meanings and history of the name Mike: | Edit
It's a nickname for the name "Michael."
- Famous real-life people named Mike: | Edit
Mike Dirnt, bassist for Green Day.
Mike Fuentes, drummer for the band Pierce the Veil
"Mikey" Way, bassist for the band My Chemical Romance
- Mike in song, story & screen: | Edit
Mike Ehrmantraut, Character off AMC's hit TV series 'Breaking Bad'
Mike Fukanaga, character in Nickelodeon's Supah Ninjas portrayed by Ryan Potter
Mike Schmidt-Five Nights at Freddy's series