Mordecai Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mordecai? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mordecai
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mordecai
- Comments and insights on the name Mordecai: | Edit
I love the name Mordecai. In fact my son is named Mordecai.
Mordecai means "follower of Marduk" (Marduk, a Babylonian god).
- Personal experiences with the name Mordecai: | Edit
I am naming my baby boy Mordecai.
- Nicknames for Mordecai: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Mordecai: | Edit
In the biblical Book of Esther, Mordechai was the cousin of Esther who refused to bow down to Haman.
- Famous real-life people named Mordecai: | Edit
Mordecai Peter Centennial Brown, member of Baseball Hall of Fame, inducted as a Chicago Cub
Mordecai Richler, Canadian author
- Mordecai in song, story & screen: | Edit
Mordecai Green, fictional character in John Grisham's "The Street Lawyer".
Mordecai Heller, fictional character in Tracy J. Butler's "Lackadaisy".
Mordecai, anthropomorphised blue jay character in Cartoon Network's Regular Show
Mortdecai, 2015 film starring Johnny Depp as Charlie Mortdecai