Mordecai: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Mordecai
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mordecai? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mordecai
- Comments and insights on the name Mordecai: | Edit
I love the name Mordecai. In fact my son is named Mordecai.
Mordecai means "follower of Marduk" (Marduk, a Babylonian god).
- Personal experiences with the name Mordecai: | Edit
I am naming my baby boy Mordecai.
- Nicknames for Mordecai: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Mordecai: | Edit
In the biblical Book of Esther, Mordechai was the cousin of Esther who refused to bow down to Haman.
- Famous real-life people named Mordecai: | Edit
Mordecai Peter Centennial Brown, member of Baseball Hall of Fame, inducted as a Chicago Cub
Mordecai Richler, Canadian author
- Mordecai in song, story & screen: | Edit
Mordecai Green, fictional character in John Grisham's "The Street Lawyer".
Mordecai Heller, fictional character in Tracy J. Butler's "Lackadaisy".