Noak Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Noah:
Derived from the Hebrew nōach (rest, comfort). The name is borne in the Bible by the patriarch commanded by God to build the ark, upon which he saved his family and two of each creature from the Great Flood. He is seen as the second progenitor of the human race,
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Noak? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Noak
Contribute your knowledge to the name Noak
- Comments and insights on the name Noak: | Edit
Pronounced Noh-uck (like Noah with a "k" sound on the end).
It's a cool name, but a bit odd... if you also feel this way, Noah, though not exactly the same, is a more common naming version, and easier on the tongue.
- Personal experiences with the name Noak: | Edit
People that read it will pronounce it Noh-ack. But all the people that matter in his life will get it right.
- Nicknames for Noak: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Noak: | Edit
Scandinavian for Noah. Means rest or peace.
- Famous real-life people named Noak: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Noak in song, story & screen: | Edit
Only as a derivative of Noah.