Nolan: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Nolan
Origin of the name Nolan:
Transferred use of the Irish surname derived from the Gaelic O'Nualláin (descendant of Nuallan), which is from nuall (shout).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nolan? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nolan
- Comments and insights on the name Nolan: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Nolan: | Edit
We named our son Nolan (2012). Lots of positive feedback so far! It's extremely important to us that our children's names are not common and we haven't met another Nolan. One or two people have told us if extended family members with the same name but not the same age.
- Nicknames for Nolan: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Nolan: | Edit
Champion (Irish, Gaelic)
- Famous real-life people named Nolan: | Edit
Nolan Ryan (baseball player)
Christopher Nolan (director/producer/writer of movies like Following, Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception, and The Dark Knight Rises)
- Nolan in song, story & screen: | Edit
Actor Nolan Gould, plays Luke Dunphy on Modern Family