Ole Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ole? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ole
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ole
- Comments and insights on the name Ole: | Edit
Ole and Leo are anagrams of each other; they share they same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Ole: | Edit
My great-grandfather's name was Ole. He was the son of Norwegian immigrants & born in the late 1800s.
- Nicknames for Ole: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Ole: | Edit
Danish and Norwegian form of Olaf.
- Famous real-life people named Ole: | Edit
Ole Worm, 17th century Danish physician and antiquarian.
Ole Nydahl, Danish lay Buddhist teacher and author.
O. E. Rølvaag, Norwegian-American author and professor.
- Ole in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Ole and Lena" (as well as "Sven and Ole") are central characters in self-deprecating jokes told by Norwegian-Americans.