Perrin Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Perrin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Perrin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Perrin
- Comments and insights on the name Perrin: | Edit
It comes from the french. Meaning- Traveler
- Personal experiences with the name Perrin: | Edit
My 3yr old son is named Perrin.
*New Writer* my name is Perrin and surprisingly I'm a girl. I love this name. It's so unique, and even when I don't like it, I can go by perri or Erin.
- Nicknames for Perrin: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Perrin: | Edit
One of the many nicknames for Peregrin(e), meaning "coming from another country" in late Middle English: from Latin peregrinus ‘foreign,’ from peregre ‘abroad,’ from per- ‘through’ + ager ‘field.’
(Note: the word "pilgrim" derives from the same roots.)
Current definition in the Merriam-Webster dictionary online: "having a tendency to wander"
- Famous real-life people named Perrin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Perrin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Perrin is the name of a main character in "The Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan.