Preston: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Preston
Origin of the name Preston:
Transferred use of the surname meaning "from Preston." The name is derived from the English place-name composed of the Old English elements préost (priest) and tūn (town, settlement, village): hence, "the priest's village."
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Preston? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Preston
- Comments and insights on the name Preston: | Edit
I was born in Preston, England, so I don't really like is as a name that much.
- Personal experiences with the name Preston: | Edit
My brother Preston is the best person I know. He has such a kind heart and is always truly wanting to do the right thing--and does. He is also a wonderful daddy to my niece.
- Nicknames for Preston: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Preston: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Preston: | Edit
Sean Preston Federline, son of Britney Spears
Preston Manning, Canadian politician
- Preston in song, story & screen: | Edit
Preston Burke, character from the TV series "Grey's Anatomy".
John James Preston, a.k.a. "Mr. Big", Carrie Bradshaw's on-again, off-again boyfriend and eventual husband on the HBO series "Sex and the City".