Quentin: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Quentin | Boys
Origin of the name Quentin:
From the Latin Quentīnus, a derivative of the Roman personal name Quintus, which is from the vocabulary word quintus (the fifth). The name was traditionally bestowed upon the fifth-born child.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Quentin? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Quentin
- Comments and insights on the name Quentin: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Quentin: | Edit
My brother's name is Quentin. We've always called him Quent. I really like the name. It's very different, but not at all odd. It's masculine and pretty on the tongue at the same time.
- Nicknames for Quentin: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Quentin: | Edit
Latin: "The fifth"
- Famous real-life people named Quentin: | Edit
Quentin Tarantino, film director
Quentin Blake, illustrator
Quentin Bryce (female), 25th Governor-General of Australia
- Quentin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Quentin Jacobsen - novel Paper Towns by John Green.
Quentin Compson - character in William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury and Absalom, Absalom!
Quentin Collins - character in the television show "Dark Shadows"
Global Popularity of the Name Quentin
- #92 in Belgium
- #324 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #379 in United States