Reese: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Reese
Origin of the name Reese:
Anglicized form of the Welsh Rhys (ardor). It also represents the transferred use of the surname derived from the personal name.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Reese? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Reese
Contribute your knowledge to the name Reese
- Comments and insights on the name Reese: | Edit
I did some research and found out this is a boys name. It's more of a masculine name.
- Personal experiences with the name Reese: | Edit
My son's middle name is Rees (without the trailing "e") which is the spelling used by his Welsh great grandfather.
- Nicknames for Reese: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Reese: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Reese: | Edit
- Reese in song, story & screen: | Edit
Reese, one of Malcolm's brothers in Malcolm in the Middle