Royce: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Royce
Origin of the name Royce:
Transferred use of the surname meaning "Roy's son."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Royce? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Royce
- Comments and insights on the name Royce: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Royce: | Edit
The one Royce I know is handsome and very funny!
- Nicknames for Royce: | Edit
Roy, Royal, Roy Boy, Rob Roy, RJ
- Meanings and history of the name Royce: | Edit
From a surname which was derived from either the name of the flower or else from the medieval given name Royse, a variant of ROSE.
"Roy's son" or "the king's son"
- Famous real-life people named Royce: | Edit
Royce White, American professional basketball player.
Josiah Royce, American philosopher.
Sir Frederick Henry Royce, English engineer and car designer, who with Charles Stewart Rolls founded the Rolls-Royce company.
Royce Clayton, former MLB shortstop.
- Royce in song, story & screen: | Edit