Rufus: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Rufus
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rufus? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rufus
- Comments and insights on the name Rufus: | Edit
Upper class name in Britain, but it just reminds me of my friend's (unsophisticated) dog.
Is this a black name in America?
- Personal experiences with the name Rufus: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Rufus: | Edit
Ruff, Rush, Russ
- Meanings and history of the name Rufus: | Edit
Latin name meaning "redhead"
- Famous real-life people named Rufus: | Edit
Rufus Wainwright, singer-songwriter
Rufus Sewell, English actor
- Rufus in song, story & screen: | Edit
Rufus Scrimgeour was a character in JK Rowling's Harry Potter series. He was the Minister of Magic after Cornelius Fudge.
Rufus was Ron Stoppable's pet naked mole rat in Disney's "Kim Possible"
Rufus was the old dude in "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" who facilitated the time travel.