Scipio Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Scipio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Scipio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Scipio
- Comments and insights on the name Scipio: | Edit
Has two common pronunciations: Sip-ee-oh or Skip-ee-oh
- Personal experiences with the name Scipio: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Scipio: | Edit
Sip, Sippy, Skip, Skippy
- Meanings and history of the name Scipio: | Edit
Scipio means "rod" in Latin. It is an Ancient Roman name.
- Famous real-life people named Scipio: | Edit
Scipio Africanus - Roman general who defeated the Carthaginian general Hannibal in the Punic War around 200 BC. The name is often associated with heroism. In the times of slavery in the Southern states of America, it was sometimes used as a name for African-American slaves.
- Scipio in song, story & screen: | Edit
Scipio Massimo, main character in "The Thief Lord" by Cornelia Funke