Seanan Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Seanan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Seanan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Seanan
- Comments and insights on the name Seanan: | Edit
Traditionally this a male name, but since one of it's Anglicized forms has become unisex it would not be unexpected to see this name on a female... such as American author Seanan McGuire who is female.
- Personal experiences with the name Seanan: | Edit
Prounanciation is vary, all the forms are correct: ( see-a-nan , or shannen, SHEY-nin , Shawn-in, shannon )
- Nicknames for Seanan: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Seanan: | Edit
This name has two meaning
In hebrew means god's gift
Irish name meaning "little wise man", derived from Irish sean "wise, old" plus the diminutive suffix -an.
Anglicized as Senan and Shannon.
- Famous real-life people named Seanan: | Edit
Seanan Clucas is a Northern Irish footballer
Seanan McGuire, American author.
Saint Seanán (Senan), an Irish Catholic saint regarded as one of the The Twelve Apostles of Erin (Ireland.)
- Seanan in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!