Selim Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Selim? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Selim
Contribute your knowledge to the name Selim
- Comments and insights on the name Selim: | Edit
Miles and Selim are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Selim: | Edit
Name of my son that has great meanings!
He carries all perfect meanings of this name. How proud! Amazing.
- Nicknames for Selim: | Edit
Selo, Sel, Seli
- Meanings and history of the name Selim: | Edit
A male Turkish name. The origin of name is Arabic. Selim means; impeccable, true, strong, safe and sincere. You can find this name in The Holy Quran (Şuara;89).
- Famous real-life people named Selim: | Edit
Yavuz Sultan Selim : An Ottoman Emperor
Selim İleri : A Turkish writer
Selim Soydan : A Turkish footballer and producer
- Selim in song, story & screen: | Edit
Selim is the older brother of Jamal, hero of the movie Slumdog Millionaire.
Selim Bradley, also known as Pride, is a Homonculus and villain in the anime "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood"