Sigurdur Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Sigurdur
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sigurdur
- Comments and insights on the name Sigurdur: | Edit
An extremely common name in Iceland, written Sigurður and pronounced SIG-ur-thur.
- Personal experiences with the name Sigurdur: | Edit
We named our first son after my husband's Icelandic grandfather, Sigurdur. We changed the spelling slightly to Sigurdor.
- Nicknames for Sigurdur: | Edit
Sig, Siggi, Siggy
- Meanings and history of the name Sigurdur: | Edit
From the Old Norse word 'sigur' meaning 'victory'.
- Famous real-life people named Sigurdur: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Sigurdur in song, story & screen: | Edit
Sigurður 'Fáfnisbani' Sigmundsson - slayer of the dragon Fáfnir in Völsunga saga, the Icelandic version of Siegfried in the Nibelungenlied.