Sonnen: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Sonnen
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sonnen
- Comments and insights on the name Sonnen: | Edit
Sonnen is a surname and place name (or part of a surname/place name, as in Sonnenberg) which has some appeal as a given name. German-speakers pronounce it with a long o sound, but most Americans pronounce it with a short o sound because of the double consonants.
- Personal experiences with the name Sonnen: | Edit
This is a friend's maiden name and my son's name, although I would also have used it for a daughter. Everyone loves it.
- Nicknames for Sonnen: | Edit
Sonni (rhymes with Bonnie)
- Meanings and history of the name Sonnen: | Edit
The word literally refers to sunbathing, but as a name, it implies brightness and cheer. Sonnen is the name of a village on a sunny mountainside in Germany. As a surname, it may have indicated that someone was from this village or that they had a sunny disposition.
- Famous real-life people named Sonnen: | Edit
- Sonnen in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!