Tadhg: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Tadhg
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tadhg? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tadhg
- Comments and insights on the name Tadhg: | Edit
Tadhg is sometimes used as a pejorative term for Irish Catholics, despite being a somewhat popular name in Ireland, some people refer to Catholics and/or nationalists as tadhgs/taigs.
- Personal experiences with the name Tadhg: | Edit
My baby brother is named Tadhg. He's two years old and everyone remarks on what an unusual but catchy name it is. Because of his young age, he's called Tigger.
- Nicknames for Tadhg: | Edit
Tadhg-ín: means little Tadhg and is pronounced tyg-een
- Meanings and history of the name Tadhg: | Edit
The name pre-dates Christianity in Ireland. It is an ancient celtic name and means poet or philosopher. It is more popular in rural parts of Ireland with the greatest concentrations to be found in Kerry and Donegal.
- Famous real-life people named Tadhg: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Tadhg in song, story & screen: | Edit
Tadhg Conneely- a character in the family film, The Secret of Roan Inish.