Taggart Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Taggart? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Taggart
Contribute your knowledge to the name Taggart
- Comments and insights on the name Taggart: | Edit
Taggart is a strong, independent-sounding name.
- Personal experiences with the name Taggart: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Taggart: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Taggart: | Edit
Taggart is a surname of Scottish and Ultonian origin. It is a reduction of the surnames MacTaggart and McTaggart, which are Anglicisations of the Gaelic Mac an t-Sagairt, meaning "son of the priest."
- Famous real-life people named Taggart: | Edit
Taggart "Tagg" Romney, eldest son of politician/businessman Mitt Romney
- Taggart in song, story & screen: | Edit
James & Dagny Taggart (last name), main characters in Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"