Tannis: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Tannis
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tannis? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tannis
- Comments and insights on the name Tannis: | Edit
Very rare and unusual, Old English name. This spelling can also be used for girls.
- Personal experiences with the name Tannis: | Edit
My name is Tannis Michaela Truitt. I have elevan siblings all together. I have never been picked on about my name and actually most people, think my name is awesome and I agree. Some people don't even believe me when I tell them my name is Tannis But that is ok.
When I was little I had a swimming instructor (female) named Tannis. For a while I thought her name was Tennis.
- Nicknames for Tannis: | Edit
Tannie,Tan,t.t, Tae,Ta ta
- Meanings and history of the name Tannis: | Edit
Tannis is a variant of Tanner. It comes from Old English. It means "Leather maker".
Tanis (female name) is Slavic and has other associations. It is a version of Tanya.
- Famous real-life people named Tannis: | Edit
Tannis Slimmon, a Canadian singer.
- Tannis in song, story & screen: | Edit
Tannis is one of the character's names in Underworld 3. He is one of the vampire helpers of the overlord.