Teodor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Theodore:
Derived from the Latin Theodorus, which is from the Greek Theodōros, a compounding of the elements theos (god) and dōron (a gift): hence, "God's gift." Var: Theodor. Short: Theo. Pet: Teddy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Teodor? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Teodor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Teodor
- Comments and insights on the name Teodor
form of Theodore used in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Romanian, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Serbian, Croatian, Slovene, Hungarian, Bulgarian, & Macedonian
Is this pronounced "TAY-a-dor" or "TEE-a-dor"?
- Personal experiences with the name Teodor
- Nicknames for Teodor
- Meanings and history of the name Teodor
- Famous real-life people named Teodor
- Teodor in song, story & screen