Tokunbo: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Tokunbo
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tokunbo? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tokunbo
- Comments and insights on the name Tokunbo: | Edit
**Unisex name that is given as Ola Tokunbo or simply Tokunbo
- Personal experiences with the name Tokunbo: | Edit
It's my name
- Nicknames for Tokunbo: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Tokunbo: | Edit
Tokunbo is a Nigerian name from the Yoruba tribe. The name means 'Born overseas'.
**Born across the sea. A gift from across the sea.
** So for people mostly other Nigerians (who know the meaning) who meets a person male/female (Tokunbo is a unisex name)with this name, they automatically know that their parents are Nigerians but they were born outside of the country.
The full name is Ola Tokunbo but not everyone adds or uses the Ola.
It is also used for describing things like cars brought to Nigeria from another country, usually over seas countries.
- Famous real-life people named Tokunbo: | Edit
** Tokunbo Olajide- A retired Light Middle Weight boxer from New York City, though born in Vancouver,British Colombia,Canada December 5, 1976
- Tokunbo in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!