Torbjørn: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Torbjørn
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Torbjørn? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Torbjørn
- Comments and insights on the name Torbjørn: | Edit
It is the eighty-ninth most popular boy's name in Norway.
"Thorbjorning", has become known as giving someone their reward before they have accomplished what they set out to do. This comes from Thorbjørn Jagland awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to Barack Obama.
The name is pronounced "TOOR-byern".
- Personal experiences with the name Torbjørn: | Edit
To make the name more Swedish, place an umlaut over the second "o" rather than striking a line through it. That's what I did with my Torbjorn.
- Nicknames for Torbjørn: | Edit
Tor, Torby, Bjorn
- Meanings and history of the name Torbjørn: | Edit
"Thor's bear", from Old Norse.
- Famous real-life people named Torbjørn: | Edit
Torbjørn Brundtland, Norwegian musician
Torbjørn Falkanger, Norwegian ski-jumper
Torbjørn Løkken, Norwegian skier
Torbjørn Sindballe, Danish athlete
Torbjørn Yggeseth, Norwegian ski-jumper
- Torbjørn in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!