Tripp: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Tripp
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tripp? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tripp
- Comments and insights on the name Tripp: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Tripp: | Edit
Best Name Ever. Thats it.
- Nicknames for Tripp: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Tripp: | Edit
Lord Howard's fifth son was given the name Tripp by King Henry VIII after the storming of a castle during the siege of Boulogne 1544. According to an old tradition, the name Tripp was given to Lord Howard's son. King Henry asked how they took the town and castle and Lord Howard answered, '"I tripp'd up the walls, Tripp shall be thy name, and no longer Howard'".
also a nickname for "the thirds" (john smith III)
- Famous real-life people named Tripp: | Edit
The son of Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston. Bristol is the daughter of 2008 Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin.
- Tripp in song, story & screen: | Edit
* Matthew McConaughey's screen name in Failure to Launch
* Charles "Trip" Tucker III (short for “Triple”, since he is the third generation of his family to be named Charles Tucker), played by Connor Trinneer, is a fictional character in the television series Star Trek: Enterprise.
* Trip Fontaine, a character in the 1993 debut novel The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. In the film adaptation of the novel, the character Trip is played by Josh Hartnett.