Uriah Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Uriah? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Uriah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Uriah
- Comments and insights on the name Uriah: | Edit
There aren't many names that begin with U. What U names there are, people ought to use more of them. The poor lettrer U feels neglected.
- Personal experiences with the name Uriah: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Uriah: | Edit
Uri, Yoo-Yoo, Rye-Rye
- Meanings and history of the name Uriah: | Edit
Old Testament name from the Hebrew meaning, "God is my light."
In the Bible; Uriah the Hittite was a soldier in King David’s army and married to Bathsheba.
- Famous real-life people named Uriah: | Edit
Uriah P. Levy, Commodore of the United States Navy and veteran of the War of 1812.
Uriah Smith, Seventh-day Adventist author.
Uriah Shelton, Actor (from The Glades and more) and singer
- Uriah in song, story & screen: | Edit
Uriah Heep, character in the Charles Dickens's novel, "David Copperfield."
Uriah Heep, an English rock band.
Uriah Pedrad, character in "Divergent" by Veronica Roth.
Zachary Uriah Addy, character in the television show "Bones".