Vusumzi: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Vusumzi
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vusumzi? What are his siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vusumzi
- Comments and insights on the name Vusumzi: | Edit
isiXhosa name from South Africa, also spelled Vusumuzi in Zulu and Ndebele languages. Pronounced Voo-soom-zee, alternate spelling from isiZulu pronounced Voo-soo-mooz-ee. The most common nickname is Vusi (Voo-see) but can also be Vuza (Voo-za)
- Personal experiences with the name Vusumzi: | Edit
My firstborn son's name is Vusumzi
- Nicknames for Vusumzi: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Vusumzi: | Edit
Vusumzi literally means "waking up the house" in isiXhosa - a more accurate translation is something like "bringing new hope/excitement/leadership to the family"
- Famous real-life people named Vusumzi: | Edit
Vusi Mahlasela (South African/international musician) and Vusi Pikoli (politician)
- Vusumzi in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!