Wes Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Wes? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Wes
Contribute your knowledge to the name Wes
- Comments and insights on the name Wes: | Edit
Short variation of Wesley, Westcott and Weston.
- Personal experiences with the name Wes: | Edit
In a book I just finished, The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, Wes was the really sweet, amazingly gorgeous, artistic, talented teen age boy.
- Nicknames for Wes: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Wes: | Edit
Means 'Western Meadow'.
Originated in England, as a place name.
It is a common surname.
- Famous real-life people named Wes: | Edit
Wes Anderson, American film producer, director, and writer.
Wes Bentley, American actor.
Wes Craven, American horror movie director and screenwriter.
Wes Studi, American Cherokee actor.
Wes Welker, American football wide receiver for the Denver Broncos.
Wes Borland, American guitarist.
- Wes in song, story & screen: | Edit
Wesley Crusher, a character in Star Trek: The Next Generation