Zoltan Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zoltan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zoltan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zoltan
- Comments and insights on the name Zoltan: | Edit
Reminds me of the word VOLTAGE.
- Personal experiences with the name Zoltan: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Zoltan: | Edit
Zolt, Zoli, Zolika
- Meanings and history of the name Zoltan: | Edit
Old Hungarian name of Turkic origin. This name and the title of 'sultan' share a common "ancestor", but its use in Hungary goes back further: prince Zoltán reigned from 907 to 947 AD, while the Turkish rulers took to using Sultan in 1473 (replacing the older title of Emir).
- Famous real-life people named Zoltan: | Edit
Zoltán Kodály, composer
Zoltán Magyar, 2-time Olympic gold medalist in pommel horse gymnast. The Magyar spindle and the Magyar travel was named after him.
Zoltán Bathory, guitarist for Five Finger Death Punch
Zoltán Mesko, punter for New England Patriots
Zoltán Somogyi, creator of the Mercury programming language
Zoltán Takacs, herpetologist and toxinologist, National Geographic
- Zoltan in song, story & screen: | Edit
Zoltán is a village in Ghidfalău Commune, Covasna County, Romania