Liesel: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Liesel
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Liesel? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Liesel
- Comments and insights on the name Liesel: | Edit
An old German and Austrian form of the name Elizabeth. Meanings: "God is my vow", "God of plenty" and "God is my satisfaction" For me in my family, this being our 9th baby and 7th girl, Leisel was the perfect choice. Most people seem to love it. I know we do.
- Personal experiences with the name Liesel: | Edit
i've met a crabby old lady named Liesel
that's lame, i always think of liesel von trapp
I absolutely love this name. There's definitely a possibility of it being a name for a daughter of mine if and when I have one
- Nicknames for Liesel: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Liesel: | Edit
German short form of Elizabeth.
- Famous real-life people named Liesel: | Edit
Liesel Pritzker, actress from "A Little Princess"
Leisel Jones, Australian Olympic swimmer
- Liesel in song, story & screen: | Edit
Liesel Meminger - from "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak
Liesel, a character in the The Sound of Music